BULK MATERIAL TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER
BULK MATERIAL TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver reports directly to the Hauling Division Manager and is responsible for the safe, proper, and professional loading, transporting and unloading of raw materials and concrete products from vendor locations to plant locations and customer job sites in both on and off-road situations.
The Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver is expected to work Monday through Friday and Saturdays as required. Hours are variable and overtime is often required but not guaranteed. Saturday work is scheduled as needed. On very rare occasions, Sunday and holiday work may be required. The Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver must be flexible to adjusting daily start and/or finishing times to meet the needs of our customers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver is expected to perform all essential responsibilities and duties in a manner which maintains a safe and healthful working environment for him/herself as well as those he/she will work around on a daily basis in accordance with all company policies and procedures, including those outlined in the company Safety & Health Manual and the Progressive Discipline & Counseling policy as well as all Local, State, and Federal guidelines.
OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENT
1. Safely and efficiently drive and operate a road tractor while pulling a cement tanker, flatbed trailer, or dumb bed trailer to and from plant locations, vendor locations, and job sites.
2. Unload cement or fly ash at plants per instructions of plant personnel, monitoring discharge pressure to ensure proper flow of material into silos.
3. Unload cement or fly ash at plants per instructions of plant personnel, monitoring discharge pressure to ensure proper flow of material into silos.
4. Follow order and delivery instructions received from supervisor regarding delivery address and instructions, and other conditions.
5. Perform regular preventative maintenance of the truck and trailer including but not limited to:
– Check and maintain all fluid levels as described by the equipment manufacturer including water, oil, transmission, and hydraulic fluids.
– Check and maintain tire pressure as described by the equipment manufacturer.
– Grease all hubs and other components as described by the equipment manufacturer.
6. Keep the truck and trailer clean both inside and outside in accordance with company policy.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in, and at times, lead weekly safety talks.
2. Complete required annual safety training.
3. Contribute to good housekeeping in and around plant facilities.
4. As needed, operate a ready mix concrete truck when schedule demand dictates the need for additional mixer truck operator resources.
5. Assist with and perform other reasonable tasks around the general plant and yard facilities as requested by a Plant Manager.
The physical demands of the Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver position are essential to the performance of this job. Any change in these demands would fundamentally change the job. The physical demands require that the Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver be able to do the following:
1. Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time often on wet, slick, and/or uneven terrain or surfaces.
2. Must be capable of lifting, carrying, and/or toting up to 50 Lbs.
3. Must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, push/pull, climb, kneel, and twist.
4. Must be able work both inside and outside, in the heat and cold, and around moving equipment.
5. Must be able to climb into and out of the truck several times a day.
6. Must be able to climb a 10’ ladder and open and close a 25 lb tanker lid as needed.
7. Must be able to manipulate all truck controls by pushing, pulling, squeezing and turning levers, knobs, buttons, and wheels.
The following restrictions apply to the Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver position:
1. Must be able to use various tools and equipment in a safe manner to perform job functions. These include but are not limited to broom, mop, pick, shovel, garden hoe, sledgehammer, rubber hammer, electric chipping hammer, air hammer, and other various hand and power tools as needed.
2. Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and possess and maintain a valid Class A commercial driver license.
3. Must maintain a suitable driving record with the Department of Transportation.
4. Must maintain a valid Department of Transportation physical examination certificate.
5. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
6. Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical exam.
7. Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
1. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
1. The Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver should be dependable and act in a professional manner with customers and fellow employees.
2. The Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver should possess a positive attitude and a level of determination to successfully complete deliveries and other tasks and assignments.
3. The Bulk Material Tractor Trailer Driver should be a self-starter and motivated to learn.
1. Previous experience with construction/bulk material hauling preferred, but not required.
To apply for this job, download and fillout the application or fill out the online form below. If you download the form to fillout, you can print and fax the form to 662-842-6327 or bring in to the nearest B&B plant location.