LOADER OPERATOR / YARD PERSON
LOADER OPERATOR / YARD PERSON
The Loader Operator / Yard Person reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the safe and proper handling, loading, and storage of aggregate materials; and for the proper care and maintenance of ready-mix plant equipment as assigned by the Plant Manager; and for general housekeeping of plant property and premises.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Loader Operator / Yard Person is expected to perform all essential responsibilities and duties in a manner that maintains a safe and healthful working environment for him/herself as well as those he/she will work around on a daily basis in accordance with all company policies and procedures, including those outlined in the company Safety & Health Manual and the Progressive Discipline & Counseling policy.
Operation and Maintenance of Equipment
- Safely and efficiently operate a rubber-tire-front-end loader to lift, transport, and load bulk aggregate materials to and from various areas of the plant property.
- Perform and document daily equipment inspections of the rubber-tire front-end loader.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance of the rubber-tire front-end loader including but not limited to:
- Check and maintain all fluid levels as described by the equipment manufacturer including water, oil, transmission, and hydraulic fluids.
- Check and maintain tire pressure as described by the equipment manufacturer.
- Grease all hubs and other components as described by the equipment manufacturer.
- Keep the rubber-tire front-end loader clean both inside and outside.
- Load materials for customers as requested into dump trucks or onto trailers, but never into a pickup truck bed.
- Operate the radial stacker conveyor to deliver required aggregate materials into appropriate storage bins or hoppers, maintaining appropriate fill levels.
- Maintain fixed equipment associated with aggregate material handling.
- Ensure that Mixer Truck Washdown area and other areas of the yard are kept clean and free of debris, at times using a high-pressure water hose.
- Clean and maintain mixer truck washout pits in accordance with company procedures.
- Properly handle and maintain inventory of reclaimed washout material.
- Properly keep clean and maintain general exterior yard areas and plant premises including but not limited to:
- Regular sweeping and mopping
- Litter and debris removal
- Emptying of exterior waste bins
- Maintain lawns and landscaped areas by mowing grass and removing weeds through mechanical, manual, and/or poison control methods as requested.
- Maintain clean and sanitary breakroom and restroom facilities, as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify by visual inspection the amount of aggregate materials stored on the plant premises and ensure that adequate supply is maintained.
- Assist with or perform plant maintenance and service as requested by the Plant Manager.
- Monitor and report mechanical problems associated with plant equipment to the Plant Manager.
- Maintain the bulk material stockpiles.
- Assist an ACI Certified concrete testing technician in performing quality control testing on aggregates or plastic concrete as requested and in accordance with the published company Quality Control Program.
- Assist with and perform other reasonable tasks around the general plant and yard facilities related to maintenance as requested by Plant Manager.
- If possessing a CDL (class B or A), operate a mixer truck as required in accordance with all company policies and procedures including those outlined in the company Safety & Health Manual and company Mixer Truck Operator manual.
The physical demands of the Loader Operator / Yard Person position are essential to the performance of this job. Any change in these demands would fundamentally change the job. The physical demands require that the Loader Operator / Yard Person be able to do the following:
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time often on wet, slick, and/or uneven terrain or surfaces.
- Must be capable of lifting, carrying, and/or toting up to 50 Lbs.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, push/pull, climb, kneel, and twist.
- Must be able work both inside and outside, in the heat and cold, and around moving equipment.
- Must be able to climb in to and out of the rubber-tire front-end loader several times a day.
- Must be able to manipulate all rubber-tire front-end loader controls safely and accurately by pushing, pulling, squeezing and turning levers, knobs, buttons, and wheels.
The following restrictions apply to the Loader Operator / Yard Person position:
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks of sustained viewing activity at the rear of the loader utilizing mirrors will driving and manipulating equipment controls.
- Must be able to use various tools and equipment in a safe manner to perform job functions. These include but are not limited to broom, mop, pick, shovel, garden hoe, sledgehammer, rubber hammer, electric chipping hammer, air hammer, and other various hand and power tools as needed.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and breath alcohol screen (DOT level if possessing a CDL, non-DOT level if not possessing a CDL).
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical exam (DOT level if possessing a CDL, non-DOT level if not possessing a CDL).
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including Saturdays as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent desired.
- The Loader Operator / Yard Person should be dependable and act in a professional manner with customers and fellow employees.
- The Loader Operator / Yard Person should possess a positive attitude and a level of determination to successfully complete tasks and assignments.
- The Loader Operator / Yard Person should be a self-starter and motivated to learn.
- Previous experience with a rubber-tire front-end loader or other types of heavy mobile equipment preferred.
- CDL class B or A operator’s license preferred but not required.
To apply for this job, download and fillout the application or fill out the online form below. If you download the form to fillout, you can print and fax the form to 662-842-6327 or bring in to the nearest B&B plant location.